Powered by MOMENTUM MEDIA
lawyers weekly logo
Advertisement
Markets
29 August 2025 by Maja Garaca Djurdjevic

Investors drawn to private markets for genuine ESG exposure, says manager

Federation Asset Management has experienced growing interest from investors seeking to invest responsibly through private market opportunities
icon

Manager overhauls tech ETF to target Nasdaq’s top players

BlackRock is repositioning its iShares Future Tech Innovators ETF to focus on the top 30 Nasdaq non-financial firms, ...

icon

Dixon Advisory inquiry no longer going ahead as Senate committee opts out

The inquiry into collapsed financial services firm Dixon Advisory will no longer go ahead, with the Senate economics ...

icon

Latest performance test results prompt further calls for test overhaul

APRA’s latest superannuation performance test results raise critical questions around how effective the test currently ...

icon

HESTA, ART to challenge ATO’s position on imputation credits in Federal Court

Industry fund HESTA has filed an appeal against an ATO decision on tax offsets from franking credits, with the ...

icon

Net flows, Altius acquisition push Australian Ethical FUM to record high

The ethical investment manager has reported record funds under management of $13.94 billion following positive net ...

VIEW ALL

UBS to retain two-thirds of INGIM staff

  •  
By
  •  
4 minute read

UBS has told INGIM staff who it will employ after the takeover.

Global financial services firm UBS has informed ING Investment Management (INGIM) what roles it will retain after the completion of its takeover of the company on 4 October, indicating it will keep about two-thirds of the investment manager's workforce.

But until the acquisition was formalised, no staff would leave the company and it would be business as usual, INGIM chief executive Steven Billiet said.

"UBS had previously indicated that during this period it would review the roles they would retain and it was clear that they would not need everyone," Billiet told Investor Weekly.

"What they did on Monday is inform us of which roles will be maintained. But nobody has left his role yet or has gone on gardening leave.

 
 

"It is important to note that our clients will continue to be looked after."

Billiet said he did not want to give any details about staff numbers, but the figure of two-thirds joining UBS was largely right. "I will leave it up to UBS to announce the details," he said.

He indicated it was likely UBS would also make changes to INGIM's portfolio managers, but the firm would communicate that to the market at a later date.

Billiet said he would not join UBS. "I will look at a number of opportunities, but I won't come to UBS," he said.

"I've been in an Asia-Pacific role for 10 years and it is likely that I will look for something in Asia, but I won't rule out any possibilities."