- Wednesday, 23 April 2014 | Miranda Brownlee and Aleks Vickovich
Investors selecting funds charging additional performance fees need to ensure the fee structure of the fund aligns with its investment approach and objectives, according to SQM Research.
- Wednesday, 23 April 2014 | Aleks Vickovich
A focus on “fairness” as opposed to “market failure” should underpin government intervention in financial markets, according to a UNSW professor of law.
- Wednesday, 23 April 2014 | Staff Reporter
Complex measures such as standard deviations and portfolio volatility should not be reported on MySuper dashboards since consumers do not understand them, according to Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA).
- Wednesday, 23 April 2014 | Elyse Perrau
The SMSF Professionals’ Association of Australia (SPAA) has warned that increasing the pension age to 70 will put “more pressure” on the cost of social security, with trustees being “forced” to seek other types of benefit.
Latest from InvestorWeekly
- US economy bounces back after a bad winter
- CFS enhances Essential Super
- Financial Synergy launches SuperStream platform
- WaveStone launches Aussie equities fund
- ANZ widens China Development Bank agreement
- Japan FTA to bolster financial services export: FSC
- Westpac establishes Shanghai sub-branch
- NAB invests in Misys trade finance platform
- NGS Super rebrands
- AMP Capital raises US$450m for infrastructure debt fund
- A weather forecast for 2014
- Is Asian turbulence a win for China?
- Why Detroit’s honest self-renewal is a lesson for Japan
- Volatility means opportunity for fixed-income investors
- US Fed likely to stick to existing policy
- Asian bonds offer value after Fed-induced sell-off
- Convertible bonds: solid foundations are needed when reaching for the upside
- ING DIRECT urges third parties to prepare for Basel changes
- A straight-forward channel
- Crystal balls and consistent returns
- ANZ appoints insto head of global banking
- Bank of New Zealand appoints CEO
- Praemium appoints director to board
- T. Rowe Price appoints insto sales manager
- Wilson HTM appoints managing director
- BTIM appoints non-executive director
- Westpac Institutional Bank adds to Asia Advisory Board
- ANZ CIO steps down
- Legg Mason appoints director of sales
- DST Global appoints solutions manager