More than 400 members of the finance profession will gather at the first-ever Women in Finance Summit, which will be held on Friday, 10 November at The Star, Sydney.
Run with support from principal partner Mortgage Choice (part of the REA Group) and hosted by Momentum Media (parent company of InvestorDaily), the Women in Finance Summit 2023 brings together like-minded women keen to foster an inclusive financial services industry and better support the entry of more women in finance
It has been designed to facilitate robust discussions and consider solutions to make the financial services industry more attractive to the next generation of women.
Delegates attending the event will be treated to three panel sessions and two keynote addresses. The first address is from entrepreneur Jess Hatzis, the founder of major skincare brand Frank Body, who will outline how she took her business from start-up to multinational sensation.
Meanwhile, financial services executive Mary Lemonis will impart lessons on how to cultivate a healthy workplace culture based on her firsthand experience as a woman in a leadership role.
Through three panel sessions, delegates will hear how the industry can empower more women to join the finance industry, the challenges and opportunities facing diversity in the sector, how to navigate and be sympathetic to female-specific health issues while running a successful business, and supporting clients from diverse backgrounds.
Speakers at the summit include:
- Jess Hatzis, co-founder and chief marketing officer of skincare brand Frank Body and founder of branding agency Willow & Blake
- Min-Shi Michelle Lim, organisational culture and change lead, Reserve Bank Australia and Dr John Yu Fellow for Cultural Diversity and Leadership
- Dr Samone McCurdy, executive manager capacity building, Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Tracey Sofra, managing director and founder, Sofcorp Wealth and CEO and founder, WOW Women Group
- Larisha V Jerome, manager, Women’s Economic Empowerment at First Nations Foundation
- Mary Lemonis, chief people and sustainability officer at REA Group
- Camilla Love, director, Perennial Investment Management, and founder, F3 – Future Females in Finance
- Lielette Calleja, director, Business Depot
- Joanna James, chief development officer, FBAA
- Kim Payne, empowerment coach
- Louisa Sanghera, finance and mortgage broker, Zippy Financial Group