- Thursday, 10 April 2008 | Vishal Teckchandani
Trader Dealer's clients have had their accounts frozen since March 28 after the firm was placed into receivership. It was placed into receivership as it is a subsidiary of embattled broker Opes Prime.
Trader Dealer will now be able to execute trades following a deal struck by Sydney-based MDS and Norris Smith Stockbroking.
This follows the undisclosed bid MDS and corporate advisory firm Box Red made for Trader Dealer's assets on April 3 as administrators were desperate to find a buyer to let its clients resume trading.
MDS has also rebranded the broker into Trader Dealer Online (TDO).
"Everyone has gone beyond the call of duty," MDS chairman Sean Rothsey told InvestorDaily.
"We have taken into effect what would normally take six weeks, people worked through the weekends and the nights to ensure that the regulatory and compliance issues were attended to."
Rothsey said the buyout of TDO was quick because Opes' administrators saw that MDS would be able to integrate the business quickly as it owned TDO's underlying trading platform, Bourse Data.
MDS shares were unchanged at 0.04 cents in trading yesterday.
Latest from InvestorWeekly
- ASFA backs 'MyPension' concept
- Link Group set to purchase Superpartners
- Post-trade security JV launched
- Nikko AM restructures multi-asset teams
- First State Super adds MSCI platform
- Henderson launches fixed interest fund
- Asset managers facing operational pressures
- Perpetual expands trustee services in Singapore
- Christian super funds merge
- Funds management mergers tipped to continue
- Creating super fund alpha
- Retirement income innovation must be inclusive
- Weighing up default fund insurance
- Don’t neglect developed markets
- Hunting for ‘preferred infrastructure’
- Westfield: a failure of engagement
- Can Europe avoid Japan’s fate?
- Cleaning up with clean technology
- Obsession with fees hurting retirees
- Do we need independent directors?
- CFSGAM expands Aussie equity team
- Lifeplan appoints national BDM
- Cuscal appoints CFO
- Bravura expands strategy director’s role
- Sunsuper expands investment team
- BNP Paribas appoints head of Hong Kong
- AUSCOAL Super appoints CFO
- Towers Watson names global manager research head
- ICG appoints managing director
- Former Treasury adviser to join ASFA