- Thursday, 17 January 2008 | Staff Reporter
ASIC has permanently banned Adam Guy Grant of Kew, Melbourne, from providing financial services.
Grant was employed as a financial adviser in Tasmania by Shadforths Limited between July 1999 and August 2005.
Shadforths, the holder of an Australian financial services licence, cooperated with ASIC's investigation.
The regulator was alerted to Grant after one of its delegates found he failed to comply with financial services law and, further, had reason to believe he would not comply with financial services law in future.
ASIC found that between September 2001 and July 2005, Grant altered broker codes in Shadforths' computerised trading and reporting system in relation to 839 share-trading transactions.
The broker codes were used to allocate commissions to financial advisers and Shadforths and, by manipulating these codes, Grant was able to receive payment of $28,678.48 in commissions to which he was unentitled. Grant has since repaid this money.
Grant has the right to lodge an application with the Administrative Appeals Tribunal for a review of ASIC's decision.
Latest from InvestorWeekly
- First State Super adds MSCI platform
- Henderson launches fixed interest fund
- Asset managers facing operational pressures
- Perpetual expands trustee services in Singapore
- Christian super funds merge
- Funds management mergers tipped to continue
- AMG acquires River Road Asset Management
- Aus Unity fund acquires option for green office building
- NAB in talks with global custody providers
- Perpetual offloads Trust Company super arm
- Weighing up default fund insurance
- Don’t neglect developed markets
- Hunting for ‘preferred infrastructure’
- Westfield: a failure of engagement
- Can Europe avoid Japan’s fate?
- Cleaning up with clean technology
- Obsession with fees hurting retirees
- Do we need independent directors?
- Australian corporate debt: The phoenix rises
- A weather forecast for 2014
- Mercer appoints two non-executive directors
- Nikko AM appoints senior executive
- Equity Trustees appoints non-executive director
- Bennelong hires senior analyst
- Lazard AM appoints portfolio manager
- Certitude appoints new regional manager
- SunGard appoints director of insurance solutions
- Bravura Solutions expands executive team
- JANA appoints property research consultant
- State Street expands senior leadership team